We are a boutique law firm specialising in labour and employment law. All our attorneys are legally qualified in South Africa and are assisted by candidate attorneys and paralegals. We currently have offices in Johannesburg and KwaZulu Natal, however we work anywhere in South Africa as the clients’ needs dictates. The professional staff members are all registered with the Law Society of the Northern Provinces and the Law Society of Kwa Zulu Natal, respectively.
We provide employers/ employees and trade unions/Employer Organisations with
- legal advice
- representation in the CCMA,
- bargaining councils,
- Labour Court
- Labour Appeal.
We represent both sides in the employment relationship, that is both employer and employee, which has given us the advantage of knowing exactly what the other side will argue when we come up against them. This has proven an invaluable strategy and has resulted in our unprecedented success rate in our matters.
- Legal advice on all areas of labour and employment law;
- Legal representation at CCMA, Bargaining Councils, Labour Courts, Labour Appeal Court, High Courts and the Supreme Court of Appeals and the Constitutional Court.
- Chairing of disciplinary enquiries as well as prosecuting on behalf of the employer and representation of employees (when permitted) in internal grievance and/or disciplinary enquiries/ incapacity enquires (medical/ performance/compatibility etc);
- In-house training and facilitation on all aspects of employment law such as but not limited to BBBEE, Skills Development and Employment Equity;
- Drawing codes and policies and procedures manuals as well as the induction and training of staff;
- Consulting services on all aspects of HR and IR;
- Retrenchments, restructuring and organisational development;
- Attending to all aspects of Health and Safety requirements and environment law.
- Strikes and picketing.
We act on a “no win no fee” basis. Our contingency fee agreement is in line with the guidelines provided by the The Law Society of the Northern Provinces with whom we are registered. In other words: we consult with you and if we believe that you have a case, we refer your dismissal to the CCMA or bargaining council and we represent you all the way to arbitration. If we win, you pay us 25% of the gross value of the amount awarded or as agreed between the parties.
Our agreement with the employer/ employer body is regulated in terms of a written agreement in compliance with provisions of the Consumer Protection Act. The client is provided with a proforma invoice upon request otherwise we account to the client at regular intervals or as agreed with the client. Our rates are extremely competitive and as they are agreed upon from the outset the client is always aware of their cost liability.